HRMS Voucher Access
Access to HRMS payroll vouchers is managed by University Payroll. To gain access, complete the steps outlined below for each role and contact Cassie Rosenburgh, Assistant Payroll Operations Manager, with any questions.
If your department is short staffed and you require immediate assistance with payroll voucher review and approval, please contact your campus representative(s) below:
University Administration Units
Christina Green, Assistant Director of Business
Deb Henderson, Payroll Coordinator
Melissa Johnson, Payroll Manager
Bobbie Sewell, Payroll Manager
Payroll Voucher Processor Access
HRMS voucher access will not be provisioned until the following steps are completed. If you need immediate payroll voucher assistance in an emergency, please contact your campus representative(s) listed above.
New departmental payroll processors must complete the following steps before HRMS payroll voucher access will be granted.
Step 1: Complete the Payroll Essentials online training
- This training takes approximately 6 hours to complete. You may enroll in the course via IU Expand.
Step 2: Complete the HRMS Data Use Tutorial
- The HRMS Data Use Tutorial reviews data security protocols.
Step 3: Complete the FERPA Tutorial
- As a payroll processor, it is likely you will be working with student information. The FERPA Tutorial describes how this data should be handled.
Step 4: Fiscal Officer (or departmental manager) completes and submits HRMS Access Request Form.
- A representative from your department, usually a Fiscal Officer, must request HRMS Access on your behalf.
Step 5: (optional and encouraged) Become an IUIE user
- To gain access to IUIE reports related to payroll, you must first register to become an IUIE user.
Once FMS staff receive the completed HRMS Access Request Form and verify the above criteria are met, HRMS payroll voucher access will be granted to the payroll processor.
Fiscal Approver/Payroll View Only Access
Fiscal Approvers are able to gain view only access for payroll vouchers within their department or organization. Fiscal Approvers are not required to complete training to gain view only access. However, we strongly encourage you to review the Payroll Essentials training videos in Kaltura, available below.
A Fiscal Officer (or departmental manager) must complete and submit the HRMS Access Request Form to request view only access on your behalf. The HRMS Access Request Form is available here.
Administration (campus level office)
Campus level payroll processors are not required to complete the Payroll Essentials training. However, we strongly encourage you to review the Payroll Essentials training videos in Kaltura, available below.
Generally, your campus Fiscal officer or Business Office Manager must complete the HRMS Access Request Form on your behalf. The HRMS Access Request Form is available here.
HRMS eDoc access is managed by Indiana University Human Resources (IUHR). If you need access to HRMS eDocs, complete the tutorials listed below and contact IUHR with any questions.
Step 1: Complete the HRMS Data Use Tutorial
Step 2: Complete the FERPA Tutorial
Step 3: Request HRMS eDoc training via the HRMS Support Form
- Select "HRMS eDocs - Training" in the Question Type field.
Completing the HRMS Access Request Form
- Select “Add a new user”
- Select the appropriate role.
- For payroll processors select “Payroll Voucher Processor”.
- For Fiscal Approvers or View Only access select “Fiscal Approver / Payroll View w/ IUIE reports”
- Enter the employee’s information in the form.
- Complete the Department ID, Department Campus, and Department Head fields.
- In the HRMS web client section, select “IU Payroll”
- Specify the department(s) the employee needs access to in the following field. For example, for access to Biology on the Bloomington campus, enter BL-BI.
- Enter your email address in the “Submitter Email” field.
- In the additional comments field, enter a brief description of the employee’s responsibilities. For example, “Employee is a new payroll processor the Biology department,” or “Employee is a Fiscal Approver for the Biology department.”
- Submit the form. FMS will contact you with any questions regarding your request.