View Payroll Year to Date Totals Online
Where to Find Payroll Year to Date Totals Online
- From One.IU, select the Employee Center.
- Click Payroll & Tax on the Employee Center home page.
- Under Payroll Information, find the Payroll YTD section. Click View.
Explanation of Payroll Year-to-Date Fields
At the top of the page, you will see:
- Your 10-digit employee ID number.
- As-of Date: a field that shows the last payroll added to the totals. Click the calendar icon to the right of this field to select a different day to calculate YTD totals.
- YTD Gross: total paycheck amounts this calendar year.
- YTD Taxable Gross: total remaining after the before-tax deductions are subtracted from Total Gross.
- YTD Taxes: total taxes withheld this calendar year.
- YTD Deductions: the sum of the before-tax and after-tax deductions.
- YTD Net Pay: the actual dollar amount employee received this calendar year.
This section displays Descriptions for hours worked this calendar year, including pay rates and pay adjustments. The YTD Amount column lists the dollar amount the employee has earned this calendar year before taxes and other deductions were withheld.
This section displays all taxes withheld through the As-of Date posted at the top of the page.
- Fed Withholding: federal tax withholding.
- Fed MED/EE: employee's portion of Medicare tax.
- Fed OASDI/EE: employee's portion of Social Security tax.
- IN Withholding: state tax withholding.
- IN (COUNTY NAME) Withholding: local tax withholding.
This section displays benefits and general deductions collected this calendar year that reduce the employee's taxable gross pay.
Some benefits and deductions an employee might see here include medical and dental plan premiums, the Tax Saver Benefit health care and dependent care reimbursements, personal accident insurance, Health Savings Account contributions, Tax Deferred Annuity contributions, and parking.
View a complete list of before-tax deductions and their codes at IU.
This section displays benefits and general deductions collected this calendar year that do not reduce the employee's taxable gross pay.
Some benefits and deductions an employee might see here include donations to United Way or the IU Foundation (including WFIU/WTIU), payments to the Bursar, long-term disability insurance, and garnishments.
View a complete list of after-tax deductions and their codes at IU.
Employer Paid Benefits
This section displays the amounts of IU-contributed benefits for the current calendar year. This information has no impact on employee pay; it is listed for reference only.
Some benefits an employee might see here include medical and dental plan premiums, life insurance plans, retirement plans, and Health Savings Account contributions.