Year-End Closing Overview
This page provides important information about the Fiscal Year 2015 year-end closing process at a glance.
- First closing standard reports will be available in the IUIE on Wednesday, July 8.
- Final closing standard reports will be available Monday, July 27.
- The accrued vacation and sick liability for appointed positions (PA, PAE, PAU, PAO, and PB) in general fund and auxiliary accounts is calculated based on the liability at May 31, 2015.
- The bi-weekly payroll B022070215 ending June 20, Paid on July 2, will be accrued 100%. Bi-weekly payroll B023071715 ending July 4, paid July 17 will be accrued 7 days.
- The monthly payroll will be paid on Tuesday, June 30.
- Between Wednesday, July 1, and Monday, July 6, all invoices dated prior to July 1 that are entered and approved by Accounts Payable will have their associated General Ledger entries posted into period 12. Beginning Tuesday, July 7, the General Ledger entries for all invoices will be posted to the new fiscal year the day the invoice is entered into KFS.
Travel Management Services (TMS)
As June 30 approaches, Travel Management Services (TMS) wishes to remind all travelers, arrangers and fiscal officers of the following key dates:
- Request to Disencumber Funds Must be Received Prior to June 22
When an authorization is created in Travel@IU, its estimated expenses encumber against the specified account(s).
Submit disencumbrance and trip cancellation requests to email@example.com by June 22, 2015, to ensure processing by the end of this fiscal year.
- Approve this Year’s Trips before June 30
In order for trip expenses to charge against this year’s budget, prepayment and reimbursement requests must be initiated and approved before June 29. Approvers; be sure to check your Action List regularly as this date approaches.
- Prepayment Requests Final Approved on or before June 29 will be Paid from this Year's Budget
Trips typically encumber against the fiscal year in which they are scheduled to occur. However, if a prepayment request is final approved in Travel@IU on or before June 29, 2015, the amount of that prepayment will be charged to this fiscal year’s budget.
- Bill Overman in FMS, firstname.lastname@example.org, or (812) 855-2557, will be closing out the clearing accounts for all campuses.
- Note that several entries are due by a specific date. If you are utilizing Financial Processing (FP) in KFS, these documents must be in the system and fully approved by 5:00 p.m. for the entries to be reflected in the closing reports. Budget Administration and FMS accounting staff will review these entries. Therefore, on the day of each closing, entries should be completed by noon to allow for routing and approval by these areas.
- If you do not have access to Financial Processing (FP) in KFS, please contact your RC Fiscal Officer.
- In order to maintain integrity of data and to eliminate the possibility of duplicate data entry, we will not accept fax copies of documents.
- KFS super approver, Tracey Mui, will be available from 1 P.M.– 6 P.M. on Tuesday, June 30, if special approvals on financial documents are required. She can be contacted by calling (812) 856-4574 or by sending a message to email@example.com. IUPUI users should contact Camy Broeker at firstname.lastname@example.org (317) 278-2269 or Charlie Miller at email@example.com (317) 274-5002. KFS hours have been permanently changed to end at 10 p.m.
- On Tuesday, June 30, the automatic disapproval process will be initiated during the accounting batch cycle. If there are documents that need special approvals those will need to be fully approved by the times mentioned above.
- Please remember that the Disbursement Voucher is not part of the automatic disapproval process; however, if the transaction is to be posted to Fiscal Year 2015, the document must be completely approved by Monday, June 29.
Questions or concerns about the closing process may be addressed to Joan Hagen, University Controller. She can be reached by telephone at (812) 856-2548 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.